Basic electronics course

I see these references are amateur radio. I passed my City and Guilds UK 3 hour exam in the early sixties and have a full licence.

Reply to
Gingre

In my day it took 4 years to complete the electronics course, we had to learn everything about electronics. I spoke to the head TAFE teacher a couple of years ago regarding puting on an apprentice, It turns out the relevant course can be done in a year. So what Dave and Phil said about only doing what you need is completely valid.

Reply to
Two Bob

That's with the on the job experience though right? Or are you talking about a Degree course?

I don't see how, an Associate Diploma in Electronics takes two years full time at Tafe. (equivalent to the old Certificate of Technology course) You'd have to get a lot of exemptions to do it in one year. Degree courses still take up to four years full time. I assume he is actually talking about the newer Certificate and Advanced Certificate levels, which do NOT compare to a degree, the old COT, or even the old apprentice technician levels.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

The Associate Diploma in Electronics can be attained from only 135 days of open learning. In some cases even less if you have some pre-requisites or RPL.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge" > time at Tafe. (equivalent to the old Certificate of Technology course)

As I said, things were always different if you are entitled to exemptions.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

On Jun 8, 1:28 pm, "Alan Rutlidge" > about

135 days? How? It has always been a 2 year *full-time* course as MR T said.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Dave, when I worked for Telstra Learning in back in 2003 (now Telstra Learning Academy), the Assoc. Dipl in Electronics was offered to Telstra technical staff. The formal open learning ran for 135 days for those who had no RPL. Obviously the qualification had to include some workplace experience and learning, but as I said the self paced open learning component was only 135 days max.

Telstra Learning was an RTO with this qualification within its scope of registration.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

The course is broken down into modules, so you choose the modules relevant to the job you want to do.

Reply to
Two Bob

Butting in uncertainly... In most of the Ass Dip courses I've done, if you have HSC English and Maths, that was a couple of exemptions. YMMV.

Thenafter,it was usually a case of how well you could write to make it sound like some of your practical experience was equivalent to a subject.

Reply to
Terryc

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

And are required to do certain core modules, AND a minimum number of electives, IF you want a certificate.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T