Audiophool product of the week

Is the smoke filtered through water, for a cleaner high?

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

I think I'm in the wrong business.

Or maybe not -- shaving's kind of hard when you can't look at yourself in the mirror.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Judging by their power cord brochures, they don't understand the reason for a nickel diffusion barrier layer between Cu and Au. They think hand polishing will do better (at making it pretty and shiny for while, I guess).

But they do hire good photographers.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Nah, they'll charge them on their CC, and let the Fed bail out the issuing banks after they go bust. Look how much wealth is created!

How about now?

Reply to
krw

They hunt up the same suckers who pay $50 for a foot of silver-plated speaker cable.

Reply to
pimpom

Same here. A while ago I had a good laugh at tube amplifiers. Turned out the person I was talking to was a tube amplifier fan. So I told him tubes have a more pleasant distortion but no distortion at all is better ofcourse. Someone in that conversation was clearly -not amused-

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

"In reality we are dealing with different fine shades of distortive elements, which are truly beyond measurable quantities"

Reply to
Jaded Hobo

Don't tell the authorities or they'll ban it and imprison you for it.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

They eschew the use of "paradium" plating from their Japanese supplier, though. Nothing about pratinum.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

^ braindead IFYPFY

Reply to
MadManMoon

Electroplating typically follows the surface quality of the surface it goes onto, up until it exceeds a specific thickness.

You and I both know that the Au is not ever going to get plated on at that level, so the surface quality it goes onto is important.

This is not an audio thing. This is simply basic industrial science about electro-plating that has been known for decades. Facts can easily be found in your handy CRC handbook of chemistry and physics.

IF they actually put a decent Gold layer on, hand polishing is burnishing. If they don't, and most don't, hand polishing is a slow total removal process, and it is easy to tell when the plating is so thin that the color fades.

Reply to
GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

I don't see how you fixed it, I wrote what I wanted it to say. Mike

Reply to
amdx

If a household buys 5 of those, they are arguably quite braindead.

If a household even considers buying five of those, the same holds true.

Regardless of what you wrote, or whether it was what you intended to write. The remark has been "fixed" The fact that it was 'your post' means not a damned thing.

Reply to
MadManMoon

It interfered with my orgone accumulator, generating significant quantities of dor. The only remedy I could find was to build a stone pyramid listening room, and now all my music sounds sharp!

Reply to
Swanny

I guess you don't get out much, sorry to post something that is above your level of understanding. It was sarcasm. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Hey Mike, it's Dimbulb.

Reply to
Tim Williams

IFYPFY

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I know that he is stupid, but do you really think that he is that stupid, idiot?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

...special smoke...MaryJane...

Reply to
Robert Baer

At least you have a choice... You won't get that much with internet filter soon. Tom

Reply to
Tom