Audio connections to a mother board

I have already posted this question to a computer ng but it must be too complicated for them as I got not one answer. I am having some trouble connecting separate connectors to a mother board I am trying to connect front connections which have separate connectors, to new mother board . No 1 picture is mother bd terminals no 2 is front connector leads no3 is my communication with gigabyte. I am still having trouble mating connections. Any help would be appreciated.

It is a no name multifunction panel which fits in an empty cd dvd slot in front of box. Some of these things have a standard plug which fits socket on m/bd but the one I have has separate connectors worse luck. If I had realized this before I bought it I would have got the other sort but it is too late now.

Reply to
F Murtz

As near as I can make out from the fuzzy pictures, your mobo doesn't have all the outlets (e.g. stero mikes) that the front panel offers.

Reply to
terryc

I would do it like that (assuming you set AC97 in BIOS):

MIC-L to pin 1 (Mic IN)* MIC-R to pin 3 (MIC Bias)*

*I have assumed above that left means tip (mike signal) and right is middle ring (bias voltage for electret mikes), if I'm wrong reverse above connections

FRONT-R to pin 5 FRONT-L to pin 9

REAR-R, REAR-L not used

GND to pin 2

BASS, CENTER unused

That gives you basic stereo out and mike in on the front.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks I will try that. I think it is set for hd by default but I can change it.

Reply to
F Murtz