Re: What gadget/s can't you currently leave your home without and why ?

What specific gadget/s (as in the brand and model) can't you

> currently > (seriously or humorously) leave your home without and please say why, > for anything named. It's fine if anything mentioned is primarily > cell > phone - mobile phone related, but it doesn't have to be.

In my life so far I have installed WANs (Cisco routers, microwave radios, work with T-1s T-3s and up to OC-48 and Fore/Marconi ATM switches - install hardware and do the programming), install and do M.A.C.s of PBXs (Nortel Option 81c, Opt. 11c, Callpilot, etc. - install and do the programming), ran a computer repair department (both PCs and APPLE Macs), repair TVs, VCRs and Pioneer Laser Disc units and worked in the prototype department of a LORAN-C manufacturer, worked in a plastics chemistry lab and designed assembly lines complete with the programming and installation of programmable controllers, plus other experiences. In college I studied such things as Psychology, mechanical engeniering, physics, ergonomics and human factors ( human - machine interactions ) and math. Thus, I am no stranger to High-Tech..

My wife is a gadget person and has a blog, a facebook page, an iPhone, etc. and thinks I'm strange because I seldom even use a cell phone, I pay bills by checks through the mail, don't like to buy anything unless I have the cash for it (almost never use credit cards) and seldom watch TV or listen to the radio.

After all that, I have to say that, though it may be ironic, I can't think of anything that I would feel bad about leaving at home.

I would personally be happy if I could live a simple life, ride a horse or my mt bike to work and look forward to only having a good book and good dinner to come home to.

As far as gadgets go, I can't think of anything since the late 1800's that I would feel bad about leaving at home.

Sorry for cutting the number of NGs to four but my host sucks and limits it to 4 max..

Reply to
caveat

ll

el

ran

and

N-C

nes

s,

c.

t I

it

.................and you dabble in rec.org.mensa too. What about a wee dictionary....to help you SPELL, gadget-head. Shocking! :-)

Reply to
sandy58