[ADV?] Auction of Aussie radio gear in Bendigo, Vic

Hi all, I received the following e-mail which might be of interest to collectors. I'm putting it here in good faith that it's genuine...

We have been cleaning out my father?s garage and workshop and after 60 years as a radio/TV hobbyist and repairer of anything electrical or mechanical he has accumulated a lot of stuff. There are more than 50 radios & chassis?s with some wooden and many Bakelite cabinets, boxes of valves, some valve testers, a couple of oscilloscopes, a few valved amplifiers, early valve car radios, portable radio record players, early transistor radios (many still in the leather carry case), early TVs, boxes of assorted knobs of radios & TVs, dozens of jars of nuts bolts screws, resistors, capacitors and all the other stuff needed to repair anything that came his way. In addition he had saved all the copies of Electronics Australia (about 1960 to 1991) and some copies of Radio, TV and Hobbies from the middle 50?s.

So if you have a network of enthusiasts who are interested in old stuff, could you please let them know that there will be an auction at 30 Lucan St Bendigo on the 9th Nov 2007. Any stuff not sold will end up in the tip and I know Dad would be very saddened if it didn?t go to a good home.

If you need more details please give me a call

Margaret Gately

She provided her phone numbers. If anyone wants them, please e-mail me at this disposable address:

snipped-for-privacy@trashmail.net

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Sound like the kind of stuff all we enthusiasts and collectors dream of! Pity I'm too far away...

Reply to
Suzy

snip...

Thanks Bob, feel like racing up there myself, just to see what she has. However, told the ex-brother in law, VK3GB, he may contact you re the phone numbers.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Affiliate Program:   http://www.dontronics.com/affiliate
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Don (and any others). I would be interested in what valve testers are available, if someone wants to make a margin!

Reply to
Suzy

Thanks Don. I reckon there'll be some serious bidding for at least the valve testers and some of the valves, especially if they're Mullard

6CA7s/EL34s etc. I hope all the gear will go to good homes. I hate to see parts of our electronic history ending up in landfill.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Particularity when a lot of it may still be very usable, even in todays world.

I just noticed this message below in misc.industry.electronics.marketplace newsgroup:

Anyone near the eastern block :-)

Don...

================================ misc.industry.electronics.marketplace Vacuum tubes for sale 600+ ================================ Hi ! I'm clearing my father's rtv service, and have more than 600 vacuum tubes for sale, all new and never used, boxes in mint conditions, and some rare items from eastern block. mail me to the list TIA slider