ACMA approves in-flight mobile use

Jul 30, 2010 Australia's communications regulator has given airlines the green light to allow passengers to use their mobiles in the air whilst in Australian airspace.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority said airlines could offer satellite services that passengers would access through roaming arrangements with their carriers.

====================================

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

and the cost for voice and SMS is set at international roaming rates.

Reply to
z1

Ridiculous. Is no where sacred? It will be just as bad as screaming kids! Painful

Reply to
Metro

Now if they simply banned them in the air, and allowed their use on the ground at all times, I feel they would have the right mix, and not cost anyone anything extra. But I know the airlines will chase the almighty dollar, and install in-air services at rude rates.

Yes, you are correct, loud voices on mobiles at all the times, will drive most people mad.

Now if we had no voice services, but text and data only, I'm sure it would be workable.

Cheers Don...