2sd717-e

replacements in a tip pack , I have some mj2955 which might fit the bill ? as the 717 manage but I would like some safety margin .

Reply to
atec77

SO you don't have a clue huh ?

Reply to
atec77

Me neither oddly confused as well.

Reply to
Rob

what are you doing?

what is the data on both transistors?

Come on man tell us more.

what would you say if I said my big toe was red?

Me neither oddly confused as well.

Reply to
SAM

The 2SD717 is a NPN low saturation voltage switching transistor for high efficiency DC-DC converters, Vcbo=70, Vceo=50, Vebo=5, Ptot=80W, hfe= 70 to

240. IIRC the MJ2955 is a PNP designed to complement the slow old 2N3055, so if you're planning to use an MJ2955 to replace a 2SD717, make sure the smoke extractor is running before you switch on!
Reply to
I.F.

Yes , worked this out , will be scanning the comparison charts as locally I cant source the required device , strange your the only one with the nouse to work it out :)

Reply to
atec77

The data book I got the 2SD717 info was from ECA in Germany, they also sell CD rom databases.

I.F.