> 24VAC Power Supply

I'm after a power supply that is slightly greater than 24VAC.... say about
28VAC.
Its to power a PTZ camera. The cable between the power supply and the
camera is about 30-50 metres long.... Would have been run about 3-5 years
ago......
The camera has been working fine until a couple of months ago......
I meaured the voltage at the camera, it is only 19VAC. Back at the power
supply its 24VAC straight out.
So I dunno how its been operating until now, maybe there are extra losses in
the cable for some reason? Noise?
I've had this problem before, we ended up running a thicker figure 8 cable
and that boosted the voltage up to about 23 volts at the camera which was
enough to make it run.....
With this current camera though, the cable run is a lot harder through a
false ceiling but would require a sissor lift etc as its a really high
ceiling...
I'd like to move the power supply closer to the camera... that would fix the
problem, but there's no GPO's nearby and could be expensive to get one
installed......
So what I am trying to look for is a power supply that pumps out more than
24 volts to allow for the loss in the cable run....
Anyone know where I can get one???
Thanks
Glen
Reply to
GC
What sort of power is required (camera current consumption @ 24V DC)?
Reply to
Caliban
You should be able to find something to suit your application here. They are based in Perth

Reply to
ZForce
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:56:31 +1000, "GC" put finger to keyboard and composed:
If all else fails, try adding a 6VAC adapter in series.
- Franc Zabkar
Reply to
Franc Zabkar
I need about 2-3Amp.... Safer to get 3Amp 24V AC
Reply to
GC
Take a look at Powerbox:

Cheers.