Power supply to run camera and 555 timer

I'm looking for ideas for building a power supply (out of batteries) bank that will run a 555 timer circuit and a Kodak Digital camera. The camera takes a 3vdc supply. I have a number of 555 timers but I think they take at least 5 volts to work.

For the camera, I'm thinking of building a circuit that will activate the focus button, then a couple seconds later activate the trigger.

I'd like to use the same power supply but have it as efficient as possible. What's the most efficient way of using a 6V gellcell battery to supply both 3vdc camera and 5vdc 555 timer trigger?

Thanks

Reply to
DorkyGrin

CMOS 555s like Maxim\'s ICM7555 will run down to 2V, so the best thing
to do would be to use a buck converter to get the 6V down to 3V and
then to run the timers and the camera both from 3V.

JF
Reply to
John Fields