Problem setting up a webcam with motion

I'm trying to set up an IP webcam using "motion" to act as motion sensing software.

I can access the webcam over my LAN, but I'm having problems with motion. I've had a rummage around on the web, but on this occasion google doesn't seem to want to be my friend.

I've edited the motion.conf file, and disabled

videodevice

and added

netcam_url 192.168.1.103/videostream.cgi

/var/log/user.log gives me :

Oct 27 13:26:10 ffoilpi1 motion: [1] Invalid netcam_url (192.168.1.103/videostream.cgi)

Just using the ip address isn't an option as the camera runs its own web server.

Any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong ?

Adrian

--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Read the error message "invalid netcam_url". The obvious thing is that you haven't told it what protocol to use, http, ftp, file, etc

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Maybe http://192.168.1.103/videostream.cgi