Pi music centre - anyone done it?

It says that it's based on omxplayer, which I believe is commonly used for playing MP3s as well as videos on the Pi. Generally any package that supports video playback supports audio as well because there's little extra effort in adding support for that. Still I said "_might_ be useful" because I hadn't looked too closely at it. If the client-server system matches exactly what the OP is after (I've got no idea if it does), maybe it would be a good starting point if not an immediate solution.

I'm thinking that USB sound adapters shouldn't be hard to get working if not recognised by default, but I might be wrong.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

I have the following system: Server box stores music (Debian) Server box runs MPD and Icecast

Multiple RaspberryPi clients throughout house (Raspbian) They run headless, listening to the Icecast server at boot time with mpg123.

Server box has a cronjob that keeps the MPD playlist topped up with random songs. It constantly plays, like a radio station.

I can add/remove to the playlist via either tablet or phone MPD clients, or via voice control using a Google Home. Or via ncmpdcpp.

--
-Toby
Toby Newman

I find using voice is very convenient (but not a 100% hit rate, so still nice to have other means like phone control as a backup).

--
-Toby
Toby Newman