Experimental GL driver, anybody using it?

Is anyone having success with the experimental GL driver on RPI?

When started on my Pi3 it displays no application icons at the top
of the screen, but the trash icon is present on the desktop and seems
to behave reasonably. I've not been able to find a way into a command
window but it is possible to ssh in from the network.

This seems like a step backwards, not long ago the GL driver was
usable at least for short periods of time and notably faster than
the default display driver.

The machine is running
Linux raspberrypi 4.9.24-v7+ #993 SMP Wed Apr 26 18:01:23 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Thanks for reading, and any insights.

bob prohaska

Re: Experimental GL driver, anybody using it?

I can't get it to work either.  I really wanted it so I could get opengl
working with Java.  When the guys that wrote it released a test OS with
the beta software it worked great with Java but not anymore.

--

Knute Johnson

Site Timeline