Vertical Lines on Samsung 42" RPTV

My 2 week old 42" Samsung DLP is exhibiting a problem: Regardless of input source, even on test patterns, I am seeing faint vertical lines about an inch apart across the screen. They are most noticeable when viewing lighter colors. On some colors, like blue, they do not appear at all.

(Please do not advise me to have a tech look at it since it is under warranty - I know to do that and am awaiting a callback from the shop.)

Has anyone ever seen this kind of thing on their sets?

Reply to
jMon54

I was hoping for a diagnostic and or solution oriented reply.

Reply to
jMon54

So you were expecting a diagnostic reply from a description of faint vertical lines? Ya, right.

You need to have a tech who is trained on that specific Samsung model and has seen several of them so they can determine if this is really a fault with the unit or just normal for the design.

Maybe not the answer you wanted, but the only and obvious answer.

Otherwise, take the defective thing back as it obviously does not have the quality you expected and get a refund so you can buy another one.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I do have a tech on the way. All I was expecting was an answer to my question which was SIMPLY has anyone else had this problem. That's it. This IS a newsgroup for folks with a certain curiosity about such matters, no?

Reply to
jMon54

You are right, but please take into account that a DLP TV is a complex device. Also that kind of TV haven=B4t been around for enough time to allow the DLP technollogy to mature. Having said that, it=B4s highly unlikely that someone can tell you whats wrong with your DLP set without checking it, because there is not enough experience with these sets yet.

I always think that buying the latest and hotest is not always the wise thing to do, because there are lot of chances for anything to go wrong. Personally I would have bought a LCD TV.

Reply to
lsmartino

UPDATE: The tech came out and within 2 minutes determined the light engine in my Samsung RPTV (HL-R4266W) is defective. It'll take about a week for them to come back out and actually replace it. Bummer!

Reply to
jMon54