Toshiba 50HX70 Bad picture

This 50" rptv is showing a collapsed hourglass shape vertical and horizontal picture, and severe convergence problem. All 3 colors are out of alignment and flickering up and down, sideways. Makes it hard to read the menu. I think it could be the hyper module (scan converter) or I found a Toshiba bulletin about Q302 failure with similar symptoms. Anyone else seen something like this in Toshiba's? Thanks - Scott

Reply to
Scott Lane

Going back tomorrow to check for any bad solder and see if any of the inputs work on this 2002. A Q301 repair would cost me about $20 in parts but a hyper module cost $200 if you can get one in a few months. I also heard about filter caps going bad too.

By the way I have over 100 various service manuals for cheap. See the list at

Click on Shop Stuff. Mostly 80s and early 90s vcr but also some other stuff. Scott

Reply to
Scott Lane