Start designing with Microchip controllers

Microchip controllers are very cheap, and the tools needed to start developing applications are the cheapest existing today! All you need is the ICD2 Programer/Debuger tool, about 200 USD, and a good tutorial book. The ICD2 is a tool which you can use for a very large range of Flash processors (possibly over 200), and the tutorial book explains how to write firmware for any microcontroller of the Microchip family. Even more; the tutorial book I am referring to comes with a Hardware Companion Kit which helps you write and test all your future firmware programs! Check this site:

Do not worry: you will learn this new exciting technology, the easy way!

Reply to
ironfly

New exciting technology? Those chips are decent but they're been around for decades now. Lots of microcontroller architectures to play with these days, the software to do so is usually free and the hardware is minimal. I got a whole dev kit for a Zilog chip on special for 10 bucks, my AVR dev board was $80 but packs a lot more features.

Reply to
James Sweet