Separating Composite video signal???

I have a small monitor that has separate video signals, video, horz/vert sync signals. I am looking to interface a composite video camera to this monitors input.

I have read about a IC chip that will separate the sync signals, the LM1881. How would I get the video portion separated from the composite signal to feed it the video input circuitry of the monitor?

Thanks.

--
A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD XP2500+ (Un-locked)
2x256mb Crucial PC3200 DDR ram

SomeBody: Depending on the sophistication of the monitor's input circuitry you can sometimes get away with splitting the composite video feed from the camera and feeding it into both the video and sync inputs of the monitor..... many times the monitor will "find" the sync signals just fine from a composite video signal.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

On Tue, 02 May 2006 16:41:30 GMT, SomeBody put finger to keyboard and composed:

The LM1881 does not have a horizontal sync output. Intersil's EL1883 is probably a better choice, although it may be harder to find:

(EL1883 datasheet)

FWIW, Intersil appear to be offering free samples.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar