rubber wheel HP67

Does somebody know where to find a rubber wheel for HP 67 magnetic card drive or at least the exact dimension of the wheel ?

snipped-for-privacy@orange.fr

Reply to
yvon.pacheu

You can make your own out of clear vinyl tubing: Note that the photos are for an HP65, but the HP67 is identical.

Discussion on fixing the roller problem:

The roll of tubing I used is in my office. I'm on vacation for a few days and will not be able to measure it until Weds or Thurs. It's a common US size, that may not be available in France.

What I did was cut the vinyl tubing to the correct length with a razor blade. Use a wooden or covered steel rod as a mandrel as cutting the vinyl will deform the tubing and result in wavy cut line. Once I had several vinyl rollers, I put them on a steel rod and roughed up the surface for better traction.

Also, this is a similar drive wheel repair for the HP67 etc. I've tried this using similar O-rings and had little luck with it. In my case, the end O-ring would fall off and jam between the roller and the frame.

More: This shows the vinyl hose repair method, except using pink fuel line.

Good luck...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com