RF signal generator PLL

What I;m doing now is doing test of a rf signal generator.

When I turned it on, it showed Uncal warning and generated no rf

signal.

Meaning of error code was that PLL is unlocked.

I'm ,however, newcomer to RF generator world.

.. What does "PLL unlocked " means for RF signal generator.

The model I'm doing test is

fluek 6060 B

Reply to
sperelat

Next to the RF output connector, there is an RF Output On/Off button. Push it to turn on the output. The "Uncal" indicator should go out. The "Uncal" indicator normally comes on when the RF Output is turned Off. IIRC, the 6060B powers up in the RF Off, "Uncal" state. Also make sure the Freq. REF switch on the rear panel is set to "INT", unless you're using an external frequnecy standard.

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP