PS2 Help

My PS2 won't spin disks. It starts to spin but stops after about 1/4 of a turn and theres nothin wrong with the laser eye. Can anyone tell me exactly what my problem is and how I might go abot fixin it?

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Ruebyy

Those problems are usually the laser .

Reply to
Ken G.

If the disc spins freely on the spindle, this usually means that the laser is no longer good. The biggest trouble with PS2 & Xbox are the pathetic lasers they use in the systems. At one time there was supposed to be a class action lawsuit against Sony for the PS2, but I guess it died along the way.

Reply to
Gary

spindle dose't spin, well it does but for about half a second, and thats with out a disk. Could the problem be the motor?

Reply to
Ruebyy

Ruebyy: This will be your 4th reply with the same diagnosis.... ....and I will make it unanamous..... it IS the laser that is BAD.

The motor is not or will not continue spinning because the laser is NOT working correctly. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym

Ruebyy ... have you cleaned both lenses ? You must be very carfull doing this . Take the black plastic cover off the laser , it snaps on via little legs . CARFULLY pull up on the lens to see another lens under there with a flashlight . use a clean dry Q-tip to reach in there and dust it off . if it wont play a game try a music CD .

In working on laser players like this please do not look at a lit up laser its hard on your eyes . Cover it up before you power on .

Reply to
Ken G.

i'll try that ken =P. but how does a PS2 "identify itself? is it with th elaser or sometingin the PS2. im thinking abotu swapping out the whole CD drive with my little brothers PS2 but the playonline veiwer(final fantasy 11) that comes with the ps2 tunes itself to only work on the first ps2 it's plugged in to. So if it identifies itself by the laser i wont need to waste my time goign through such drastic measures >.<

Reply to
Ruebyy

Reply to
Michael Kennedy