boosting power output of solar panels

I am by far NOT a super smart man. but is there a way to boost the power output of a solar panel?

Reply to
michael

"michael"

** Google the topic - he is the first hit:

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yeah, it shows. Wrong usenet newsgroup. Try one dedicated to solar photovoltaic power.

Try not to melt your solar panel.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Yes... move the Earth closer to the Sun!

It's possible someone makes a faceted plastic lens system that collects light over a wider angle.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Solyndra made solar panels which would work with light in more directions than just straight on. If you can get some of their panels, and back them with curved mylar mirrors, you would get more electricity out of them.

Since the company went so spectacularly bankrupt, their arrays may be available at fire sale prices. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(