Actual search string search engine or general technique ?

2 surface mount SOT23 size with topmarks/ topcodes =JG ( SOT23-6) and LA= asuming the "=" is part of the code, impossible to search on as punctuation is ignored, even as "=JG" or ""=JG"" %3D%4A%47 "%3D%4A%47" or ""%3D%4A%47""

on 6 different search engines

Reply to
N_Cook

There are search engines that do allow searching for special characters and symbols. Sadly, my list of these is missing! Maybe a Google for "litteral search engines" might return something?

Reply to
PeterD

If you use double quote marks with Google to make phrases, you can substitute a hyphen for an equal sign. I've never seen any search engine that takes any notice of punctuation in a search string beyond %26 for an ampersand.

Reply to
JeffM

=3DJG""

from this URL:

it appears the JG could be Toshiba's 2SK208 N-Channel FET does that make sense?

Reply to
Robert Macy

""=JG""

from this URL:

it appears the JG could be Toshiba's 2SK208 N-Channel FET does that make sense?

If it has 6 pins on a SOT23 body

Reply to
N_Cook

""=JG""

looked promising, as it search for exact strings in computer code listings out there ,why not search hypertext markup "code" likewise

Reply to
N_Cook

any codesmiths know if this concept can be adapted for searching punctuation etc in HTML text, captured by search engine

" Google can find lots of different things, but at this writing, it can't find special characters in its search results. That's a shame, because special characters can come in handy. The tilde (~), for example, denotes personal web pages.

This hack takes a query from a form, pulls results from Google, and filters the results for the presence of several different special characters in the URL, including the tilde. "

Reply to
N_Cook

There was a time when the tilde served a syntactical purpose with Google. It meant "give me anything close". In seeking out a broader (more stupid) clientele, Google has dumbed down their syntax and the new default is

*show me whatever crap is even remotely close*; now folks who actually know what they want are the ones that end up with cluttered, verbose URLs.
Reply to
JeffM