help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

I have a Arium ml4100 with LP320 POD and of course no manuals .

Arium was purchased in the 90's ?? and the new company American
Arium responded to my requests with "we no longer support those
devices".

I did some online research  and I found a product brochure and
some one who built there own Logic POD from scratch ... but not
how ?????

Question:
--------------
Does any one know where i can find a manual ? i tried bama.
Anywhere to find ROM backups for this device ?

I would really like to enable disassemby of 8031 codes but the
machine currently only setup for Z80 :)
I will need a 8031 ROM image for this ?

If any one happens to know where i could get  schematics of the
other PODS ? or any schematics, any direction / links or info on
this device, its accessories and how tos ?  i would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks for any helpful info,
robb

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

Your timing is just a little bit off...  I had a complete ML4100C analyzer
with disassembly pods for the 8048 family, 8051 family, z80, 6502, and the
generic 32-bit pod.  The machine had all the disassembly proms built in.  I
also had the complete technical manual with complete schematic diagrams for
all the boards, etc.

I donated it to our local Univeristy Place in Idaho Falls, Idaho when I got
a new USB logic analyzer module.

I would suggest calling the University Place to see if they could get you
that information.  The phone number at the University Place is (208)
282-7880.  This is for general information.  You may have to ask for the
Idaho Falls electronics department.  I don't have a number for them.

Please don't ask me to get this for you as I am way too busy.

Good luck.

Dave

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

well dang, Thanks for the info though.

Now i get to test my theory regarding  EDUs that usually aren't
much interested in cataloging equipment or technical documents
nor posting them for others to benefit.

Does your USB LA do everything the 4100 did ? was it expensive  ?

robb

.
American
those
and
not
the
the
on
ML4100C analyzer
6502, and the
built in.  I
diagrams for
Idaho when I got
could get you
(208)
ask for the
them.

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

take a look at this one : seems the best price/performance ratio
actually...

http://www.pctestinstruments.com/index.htm

regards,

--
Jean-Yves.

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

Actually, that's exactly the model I am using!  It is very well done and a
very good value for the cost.  I have one at home and just ordered another
one for work.  Some of the real nice features are automatic display of
RS232, I2C, and SPI in the format your program uses.  It sure beats having
to count bits and derive values!

This logic analyzer does NOT do disassembly, though.  I am not aware of
another inexpensive disassembly type of logic analyzer out there.  The Arium
was very good at that.

Good luck.

Dave

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

expensive  ?
ratio
done and a
ordered another
display of
beats having
aware of
there.  The Arium

That does look like an good value product.

The diss-assembly is exactly the feature i was looking for when i
picked up the Arium.
I just did not realize that you needed a special POD to enable
the feature.

I thought all the work was done inside the LA using the generic
Logic probe POD and All you needed was the internal support for
the desired processor . The Arium i picked up happenend to have
the correct ROM for my processor family but not the POD :(

any way thanks for all the info and help.

My search continues.

robb

Re: help withe Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

Hi Robb,

I have a couple of Arium ML4100 series Logic Analyzers, parts, plus PDFs
of the manuals. Contact me off-line (the email address IS valid!).

John :-#)#