help with Arium ML4100 Logic Analyzer ?

I have a Arium ml4100 with LP320 POD and of course no manuals .

Arium was purchased in the 90's ?? and the new company American Arium responded to my requests with "we no longer support those devices".

I did some online research and I found a product brochure and some one who built there own Logic POD from scratch ... but not how ?????

Question:

-------------- Does any one know where i can find a manual ? i tried bama. Anywhere to find ROM backups for this device ?

I would really like to enable disassemby of 8031 codes but the machine currently only setup for Z80 :) I will need a 8031 ROM image for this ?

If any one happens to know where i could get schematics of the other PODS ? or any schematics, any direction / links or info on this device, its accessories and how tos ? i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any helpful info, robb

Reply to
robb

Sorry I can't help you but following your comments about support I looked at their web site and found:

Arium is committed to providing the best ARM, Intel, and AMD JTAG In-Circuit Emulators and debuggers available today. Technical support is a paramount priority... the company aids our valued customers through project completion.

A couple of years ago I dug out the circuits for a HiFi (Lustraphone LP100) amp I worked on in the 70s and sent them to some one who was trying to fix one. If I can do it as a one man operation I'm sure American Arium could if they wanted. That they don't means they are on my 'never do business with' list.

I hate people who won't support their old stuff.

Rant over.

Michael Kellett

MK

I agree with your point.

The "company" made it, people still want to use it, then help them when they request it.

I think product technical docs for equipment obsoleted by the company and not-supported should be made available to those trying to repair use that equipment ?

I might even sign a non-disclosure, as it is not my job to hand that info out, i just want to use it.

Anyways, I suppose one might argue if there new equip used technolgy from their old stuff then the company is protecting their inteleectual property. From what i have seen on their new web site at American Arium... it is hard to imagine how they are using any technology out of an 80's Logic Analyzer.

The search for help continues, robb

.

American

those

and

not

the

the

on

support I looked at

JTAG In-Circuit

paramount

project

(Lustraphone LP100)

trying to fix

Arium could if

business with'

Reply to
robb

I have an old Philips PM3632 analyzer, and it's just a rebranded Arium 4100. I have (amongst others) a multifunction 8085 - 8035/9 - 8031/2 pod with it and the ROM package in the analyzer recognizes the pod, it allows me to select between the 3 processor families.

According the service manual the ROM board can carry up to 8 of 2732/64/128 chips. My board (ARIUM ASSY 920-0545 rev A) has:

socket chip marking used for chip type jumper

----------------------------------------------------------------------- U1 MIN00-F ARIUM 8085/8031/... NEC D2764D 8403PX009 B-C U7 MT600-A trig 16 bit Intel D2764-3 ... A-B U8 M6K00-B 68000/68010 Intel D27128-3 A-B

If this data matches your analyzer, maybe I could be of any use. If you are interested contact me at the temporary email address snipped-for-privacy@ademu.com

Arie.

Reply to
Arie de Muynck

I got the same response - very friendly, but a stone wall.

I have a ML4100 with a manual. I scanned the manual into a PDF, which I sent to BAMA, so I'm sort of surprised you couldn't find it there. Regardless, feel free to email me and I'll send a copy to you.

I have the 8031/8051 pod; which also supports the 8085, and the 8031/8051 dissassembly ROM. I haven't dived into the guts of this machine, but I bet those ROMS could be copied pretty easily, so one could make their own backups with a generic EPROM programmer. I guess they could be exchanged too, if one had a mind to do so ;-)

The manual includes the pin-outs (but not the schematics) of all the pods.

-- Mark Moulding

Reply to
Mark Moulding