problems with U-Boot bootloader, scrambled output

I'm working on a device called The Neuros OSD

It is a allround content player based on the DM320 chip. It runs linux

2.6.15 and has a version of the u-Boot bootloader installed.

The device has no display whatsoever, so I've connected my device by a null modem to my serial port. I tried to use kermit, cu and minicom for this, but all give the same errors. First I start the serial client. Then when I boot up the device all scrambled information is displayed (all kind of weird characters). Then the srambling suddenly stops.. probably the boot process thinks someone pressed a key. Then when I type 'boot' the srambling starts for half a second and then normal characters appear (the bootup process of linux)... It looks to me that the bootloader uses different serial settings. At this moment they are configured at: 115200 8N1...

I'm really stuck here because I need to configure U-Boot. Anyone any ideas about what might be the problem? Just shoot, all help is appreciated!

Reply to
ron.gerrits

yamanc

Yes, I used these settings for kermit:

set line /dev/ttySn set speed 115200 set carrier-watch off set handshake none set flow-control none robust set file type bin set file name lit set rec pack 1000 set send pack 1000 set window 5

And comparable settings for minicom and cu.

Reply to
Ron

I don't mean to be a little bit simple - but if uboot is setting a different baud from the kernel then if u walk down the bauds from 115200 setting each one in turn and rebooting the box you should at some point be able to see the uboot output ? Are you sure the interface doesn't use RTS/CTS and uboot simply has faster paced characters ?

Jon

Reply to
Unknown