File transfer / sharing between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux)

Hi,

I am trying to share / transfer files between embedded linux version

2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux). What is the best way to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance for your time & help. Regards

Ram

Reply to
ramsonney

For linux hosts we use NSF. For windows I just use ftp. In explorer you can just do the "map network drive" and have it point to your embedded system. It will act mostly like a shared drive.

NSF on a linux host gives you better flexibility. For example you can compile your code on the host and immediately execute on the target. You can also use chroot on the target to keep your root file system on the desktop.

-Clark

Reply to
cpope

You can even use NSF for your root filesystem. Which can be very nice for embedded work.

ellis