Xilinx makes dreams true :)

Hi Peter,

sorry I havent been emailing (to say many thanks,etc) it has been and still is! on my task list.

just a quick question - are there any V4 SF363 samples (even mechanical dummies) avaiable for Xilinx-on board product press photo shouting? ah yes I am now working at Eubus!

so we have designed a really cool product a FULL computer in DIP40 the module can be used with any SF363 packaged Xilinx FPGA, that is we will have to variants one for S3 one for V4

we where supposed to have one sample this week but I think something went wrong so we would have PCB this thursday (dummy PCB only for presse photo!!) and well the only missing part (possible maybe we get it in time) might be the V4

so please let me know asap if there is something you can do

as said maybe we get in time already, but I just want double insurance

we are rushing a match to get the photos and ad materials ready for Nurnberg fair 22 FEB

with best wishes Antti Lukats

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Photoshop....?

Reply to
Mike Harrison

SORRY I sent private mail to newsgroup!! Please dont read and delete ouch I feel embarraced BRRR SORRY

Antti

"Mike Harrison" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

still

at

will

and

Nurnberg

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Whops :) Hey we all do silly things..

But.. since you DID send it to the list.. care to elaborate on this SOC you are working on? ( if you can that is.. )

And really, if its just a photoshoot.. why worry if its not the real thing? Just as long as it LOOKS like it..

Reply to
Ziggy

ah, since I already OOPSED, then here it goes: it should really be "Xilinx all you dreamed of.." type of thing - a very small single supply powered module ready to load different hardware and different OS from smallest availabe removable media or from onboard large flash. Board is stuffed with pretty much latest stuff in smallest packages, BGA QFN CSP only. Base conf would be uClinux MicroBlaze but other options will be offered as well.

Hm I have a rule of 10 (a design unit with more than 10 IC should be redesigned...) the modue is OK by that rule - so just take less than 10 latest "nice" parts you would like to see on such a module, and if you have done your homework then you should have about the list of whats actually on :)

I think that above all I can say at the moment.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Sounds like a more current C-1 board.. It Also sounds cool.

Reply to
Ziggy

[snip]

HAHA! I do have a C-1 !! Was one of the first one to buy and get it LOOONG time ago. It's still collecting dust. I did something with it, but its full of design mistakes and it was too-old (component wise) before it was announced. C1, ah well the girl who designed it possible found more interest (more $$$) doing "STICK things" like designing the C64 in JOY-stick (ASIC!) or something else. Whatever, the C1 project did not work out as initially planned, the board manufacturer I think lost a bit of money.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I have not gotten a C-1 yet, as the price is still a bit steep for being 'in development' ( for me at least.. being a working guy with limited play money these days i have to choose carefully ). I still want to get one at some point anyway, but I agree it will loose ground due to its 'age' and hurt its future long term...

More then likely ill end up with a digilient board ( or that foundation thingy ) before I get a C-1, out of practicality. Still holding off to see if the rumor of a 1M S3 digilient board comes true.. 400k is good, but more is always better, when you are experimenting...

I hadn't heard of design issues on the C=1.. care to elaborate a bit?

The C=1 stick project made quite a bit of money for Jeri, which is good as she's gotta eat too.

They are still selling the older C=1 boards, and has a active group still. I watch the list, even though I don't have one, though I do have one of the joysticks.. going to gut it and add C64 peripherals to it.

Reply to
Ziggy

What kind of design errors does it have?

Juha

--
Juha Turunen (turunen(at)iki.fi) elpuri@IRC | The problem with the global
Torikatu 5A4, 53100 Lappeenranta, Finland   |  village are all the global