Unable to scan JTAG chain

I am using max 7000s series cpld.i am using altera byte blaster cable. i am getting error as "unable to scan device chain .cann't scan jtag chain". what is meaning of this error? what i need to do,to programme CPLD

Reply to
mohan

This message indicates that the byte blaster hardware is unable to determine the devices in your chain. The chain is a loop going from the byte-blaster to TDI of the first device, through that device to its TDO to TDI of the next device ... finally back to the byte-blaster from the last TDO. Usually the message means there is a mis-connection somewhere or a device that is missing power. The mis-connection may also be in one of the bused signals, TMS, TCK.

I'm not familiar with the byte blaster as I generally work with Xilinx or Lattice, but there could also be an issue of power getting to the byte-blaster itself or an issue with its connection to your computer. The error message is not very specific.

HTH Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

I am having a doubt,if the altera cpld is jtag compatible,can i use xilinx parallel IV cable to programme altera device using quartus II tool?

Reply to
mohan