The reason of implementation of morphological operator in FPGA

hi I have studied some papers of implementation of morphological operator in FPGA and ASIC. I want to know the reason of implementation of morphological operator in FPGA. Does FPGA implementation use only in test of our design? and what is the meaning of realtime processing? (the required speed of chip) can anyone help me? thank best regard

Reply to
TMU

Machine vision morphological operators like erosion and dilation?

Real time means that the machine keeps up with images, I suppose, rather than storing the images, processing them at a later time, and reporting and viewing the results at leisure.

Brad Smallridge AiVision.com

Reply to
Brad Smallridge