Stop. Go. Yield.

I'm finishing up an FPGA Journal article called "Stop. Go. Yield. - Dude! Where's my Chip?"

I'm looking for people that have had delivery problems with FPGAs - particularly situations where delayed volume shipments caused a substantial impact on your ability to deliver a product.

If you're not comfortable posting here, you can contact me directly. I'll keep you anonymous on request.

This will be a fair article, and the vendors will be able to give their views/input as well.

Group disclaimer: After three years of carefully avoiding using this group to gather article input, I've now done it twice in less than a month. I promise not to make it a habit. In both cases, I needed information beyond the reach of our normal PR and design team channels. If you object, please let me know and I'll take your opinion into consideration.

Kevin Morris

Reply to
Kevin Morris

Don't worry about it ... the other vendors here are pretty in your face anyway.

Reply to
fpga_toys

Hmm.. Not a title that travels internationally very well...

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hi Jim, Not sure it even travels out of CA! But I like it. I can see Jeff Bridges out of "The Big Lebowski" waiting for FPGAs. Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation? The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. Wait for V4 MGTs. The occasional acid flashback.

As for delivery problems, I ask my FAE. He's pretty good at translating the 'official' availability into real numbers.

HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Or maybe John Goodman?

Walter: I can get you a V4 by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with MGTs.

Bob Perlman Cambrian Design Works

Reply to
Bob Perlman

This thread does not abide.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Good! I was worried that you might be a student looking for a Verilog design for a traffic light controller. :-)

Reply to
Eric Smith