Re: PCB Problem

What's the voltage on your supply rails/planes on the side
that you expect to be off?

My guess is that you have some signals going from the
expect-to-be-on section to the expect-to-be-off section,
and the protection diodes are kicking in and connecting the
energy from the signals to the power rail and there is enough
power getting through for the logic to start to work.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  So are all my
other mailboxes.  Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

I have two 5 V and two 3V3 power lines. One pair (5V and 3V3) is used
to power the PBGA and the other pair is used to power the SRAM and the
counter. When the 28V is off, the power lines to the PBGA should turn
off while the other power line should stay on to power the SRAM and
the counter.

I have checked the power supply design and I think I will add a
transistor circuit to switch the power lines to ground when the 28V is
off.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Site Timeline