Poor quality Xilinx boards ? Your experience ?

I would do that but my Virtex 4 board doesn't support USB downloading. The USB cable that came with my new digilent board doesn't work at all. I have 3 digilent parallel III cables that are suppose to work at 1.5, 1.8 &

2.5v. Either these things are not tested before shipping or the design is just flat out wrong. Digilent seems to be like those chinese companies that have no idea as to what they are selling & can't provide anyone to answer the most basic question.

Reply to
ereader

Are you on Windows XP? Vista? Ubunto Linux? Are you in the US such that I could send/lend you my Digilent Spartan3E (rev D) board for comparison? I can connect by USB cable without issue. But I'm not messing with Linux issues, I'm just on Windows XP.

I'm up in the Portland, OR area and would like to see you having a better experience with the Pullman, Washington company that shares this corner of the US. Your experience should be much better than you appear to be having. Digilent is a small company and doesn't have a support staff large enough to outsource. If email gets you nowhere, perhaps a phone call could. I hooked up an overseas purchaser with the right folks just by placing a phone call to get the right email to the right place.

If you'd like to pass along shipping info to take me up on the offer to lend you my board or start up a side conversation, feel free to email me directly.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

I'm running Xindows XP & in Calif. I've tried calling Digilent as well as email. Also searched throught their site looking for any info.

John: Thank you very much for a most generous offer. I have already ordered another Spartan3E kit from Avnet( same board but Avnet includes hopefully matching SW). I'm sure it'll work eventually. Thanks again.

Reply to
ereader