ML555 SATA GTP dosen't work

My SATA host controller includes TX/RX OOB Sequence generation ciruit(it can generate COMRESET/COMINIT/COMWAKE).

My GTP setting is as following,

a>GTP clock:150M,Gen1 mode,8 GTP; b>Datawidth:16bit,enable 8B/10B c>Default OOB detection threshold:000 d>RXLOSSOFSYNC port is set FALSE,it will be regard as signal detection. e>TXCOMSTART/TXCOMTYPE=1'b0 is included(they must be included or only option?). f>Other all options are default

My verification environment is ,

1>SATA Device BFMXilinx V5 SATA GTPSATA Host.

first,SATA Host sends COMRESET sequence to GTP.But my SATA Device BFM is no respond.

As an example,i replace Xilinx V5 SATA GTP with SATA Host PHY BFM.SATA Device BFM and SATA Host controller are same.

2>SATA Device BFMSATA Host PHY BFMSATA Host.

The SATA Device BFM can respond COMINIT sequence after COMRESET .

Ok,I test 8 GTP ports with loopback mode.My Host controller COMRESET's sequence is 6 repeat sequences(signle sequence is:4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a

4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a)

Port0>loopback=3'b001:

my rxdata result is: bcbc 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a 4a7b,

bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b

4a4a 4a7b,

bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b

4a4a 4a7b,

bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b

4a4a 4a7b,

bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b

4a4a 4a7b,

bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b 4a4a bc7b

4a4a 4a7b,

Port1>loopback=3'b000

SATA Device BFM is no repond.

Port2>loopback=3'b010;

my rxdata result is: ab85 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc

7b4a, 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a, 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a, 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a, 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a, 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a 4abc 7b4a, Port4>loopback=3'b100

SATA Device BFM is no repond.

Port5>loopback=3'b100

SATA Device BFM is no repond.

Port6>loopback=3'b110

SATA Device BFM is no repond.

Port7>loopback=3'b000

SATA Device BFM is no repond.

why my SATA device BFM no respond?

Reply to
water9580

Water,

From our experts:

" I recommend setting the OOB detection level (OOBDETECT_THRESHOLD_0) to 3'b100. In order to generate the TX OOB siganls, you must correctly assert the two ports TXCOMSTART and TXCOMTYPE. Refer to the GTP user guide (P.111) for more info on how to create COMRESET and COMWAKE. When the loopback mode is set to 001 and

010, the GTP is in near-end PCS and near-end PMA mode respectively. That means you receive the data you send out. All other modes will not loop transmitted data back to the receiver. Based on the received data in this case the ALIGN primitive (BC-7B-4A-4A), I suspect either the user clocks or clock correction attributes may not be set correctly.

It will not be easy to debug the exact issue you are facing through newsgroup thread. I recommend you to take a look at the attached reference design. It is a working design that can link up SATA Gen2 hard disk on a ML505 board. You should be able to retarget it to ML555 straightforwardly."

(attachment sent to poster, directly)

Austin

Reply to
austin

Your email address doesn't work.

Please email me directly to get the attachment,

Austin

Reply to
austin