Incremental Compilation in Altera Quartus II version 7.1

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is using Incremental Compilation in Quartus 7.1 and if so, could you comment on it. Is it worth the time using IC or is doing Full Compilation better. In my current design I'm only using about 6% of the logic, does IC make sense in this case? If anyone has some opinions on IC please share them.

thanks, joe

Reply to
jjlindula

I don't mind letting my computer do extra work as long as it doesn't take too long.

So far, it doesn't take too long, so I keep it simple.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

I have a questions about creating design partitions. Altera recommends that the partition be less than 1000 LEs or 1000 ALMs, any ideas what happens if the partitions are small?

thanks, joe

Reply to
jjlindula