FIR Implementation with System Generator 8.2

I am a newer of System Generator. I designed an FIR with system generator, only using the Delay, Cmult, Addsub, upsampler, downsampler and Gateway In/Out block. Then I made it into a subsystem and masked it.

Question are : Do I need to set the filter coefficient? What does filter coefficient stands for? And what value should I give to the coefficient?

Thank you very much for your kindly help!

Reply to
Yifei Luo

Yes, you need the filter coefficients. They determine the frequency response of the filter (the coefficients are the impulse response for an FIR filter). You will need to use a filter design program to generate your filter coefficients. Design programs generally use the Parks-McClellan algorithm. Matlab's signal processing or filter design tool boxes have it. There is also a relatively cheap ($100) FIR filter design program called ScopeFir that does it

that I use and am quite happy with. There are a number of other filter programs as well.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Check also

This is freeware and is very good. It generates coeeficients, displays waveforms, etc.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Yifei

Ray and Dave have already mentioned some apps. Alternatively, If you want coeffs and VHDL for your filter, try Tyd-IP Code Generator.

Bob

Yifei Luo wrote:

Reply to
stenasc