altera's USB byteblaster cable: anyone has the mindford one?

Hi all,

I haven't used any altera stuff for a while. Last time I used the MAX3000A, I built the parallel port byteblaster cable from the info on the altera's web site. This is the original not the improved one they have now. It was like $10 in parts and did the trick. I still have it and works but my new laptop doesn't have a parallel port. The USB stuff is ridiculously priced ($300 at digikey). I found a substitute in Canada for about $80

I was wondering if anyone has this one and could comment on it ? I think it is more reasonable price.

Comments welcome.

BTW I'm only using MAX3000A devices.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rodo

Hi Rodo, Haven't used that particular one, but I do have used TerAsics clone. You can find that one at:

(USB Blaster cable). Pricing 50$ works as good as the "real" one. Regards Fredrik

Reply to
Fredrik

This looks better than the one I was looking at.

Thanks

Reply to
Rodo