Tek 2465B horizontal sweep problem

I have a very excellent, low hours 2465B that just goes south every few hours. The horizontal channel and/or sweep works sometimes for a few minutes to several hours, then drifts off screen. Sometimes it happens almost immediately at startup. Freeze mist on the horizontal output IC (155-0241-02) does not restore trace.

Any thoughts? George Kerber

Reply to
George Kerber

"George Kerber" wrote in news:FVy1c.18352$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Sounds like you need to replace the horiz output IC. This is a high-failure item for the 2445/65 series scopes. Bad news #2;TEK does not sell or make them any more.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Hi

Does the beam eventually reappear when you wiggle/press the "x10" time base magnifier switch?

I recently picked up an old 475 with similar symptoms (except for the _drift_; either the beam was there or not). Said switch needed just some contact spray.

Cheers + HTH,

- Joerg

--
joerg dot hau at swissonline dot ch * Lausanne, Switzerland
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/joerg.hau/

Joerg Hau wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@54693.user.dfncis.de:

2465 is WAY different than 475 or any 400 series scope. All the parameters are digitally set by the microprocessor in the 2465. The uP just reads the front panel switches,and they are checked at startup.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Hi

Oops ... from a too-quick glance it looked to me like a 465 with 4 channels ("2x465"), thus I was hoping I might not me _that_ wrong about the hardware ;-)

Best regards,

- Joerg