Switching Power Supply question

Just recieved a Mean Well quad output power supply. After powering it up and testing output I get drastic flucuations on all outputs, a ticking sound and the green indicator light flashing. I have input power properly set to 120V. Does this need to be tested under load? Or is the thing possibly defective?

Reply to
Kevin Glover

Model # might be helpful...

Reply to
JW

Model RQ-125D

Reply to
doh

OK, have a look at page one of the datasheet

The current range is listed. Those show the rated minimum load for each output in order for the outputs to be guaranteed in specification. They may be fine with less or none at all which you'd need to test with a DMM.

Reply to
JW