What is an Open Drain Control Register?

Hi

I am reading about the Infineon C167CS-LM microprocessor.

Could anyone tell me what an Open Drain Control Register does? What is the purpose of this register?

Sincerely, Bamse

Bamse

It controls the output mode of the I/O pins: push/pull or open drain.

That is it's purpose as well.

The user's manual discribes this very clearly, complete with simplified schematics of a push/pull and a open drain output driver. See chapter "7.2 Output Driver Control" of the 167CS user's manual.

--
Stef

Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.
Reply to
Stef