V23 transmitter on a pic ?

Hi guys,

I need a V23 TX modem firmware running on a PIC microcontroller (75bps transmitter, 450/390Hz FSK). I don't need reception, just transmission, so I guess a PIC will largely be able to do it : A look-up table or DDS-based approach will be ok, but before starting to code it I just would like to check if someone have it already coded...

Many thanks, Friendly yours, Robert

To contact us, thanks to click on the antispam link below :

Robert Lacoste

Hello

I haven't done it but I've seen PIC based alarm systems that included a full 300bps modem with tone and dtmf (TX and RX) signaling. The one I have here is in a 17C42 at 16MHz.

Paul Bealing

Paul Bealing

The easiest way is to wireup an ISA modem card to the PIC,unless you HAVE to use some other technology. Wiring is a snap,software is even easier. I used this scheme 15 years ago(argh,time flys) for some prototype remote energy controllers.Nice thing is the hardware is already approved and reasonably 'bullet proof'.

Jay

Reply to
j.b. miller

Does that mean it is easy to use a PIC for creating a filter for SSTV use ? Of course with a suitable AD/DA-converter added..

Torbjorn. (still looking for any suitable C-compiler for my TMS320c50 DSK-kit)

Reply to
Torbjørn Morka

Thanks guys, as I only needed the transmit part of a V23 Uart (the simpler side...) I finally coded from scratch a DDS-based FSK routine on a PIC. It is working perfectly at 75/300/600bps.

Many thanks again for your answers, Friendly yours,

-- Robert Lacoste ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

To contact us, thanks to click on the antispam link below :

"Torbjørn Morka" a écrit dans le message de news: Ag4sd.73859$ snipped-for-privacy@news000.world>> The easiest way is to wireup an ISA modem card to the PIC,unless you HAVE

Reply to
Robert Lacoste