USB cables and connectors (1.1 vs 2.0)

Dear all,

can anyone tell me what is the main difference between cables and
connectors used in USB 1.1 vs 2.0? I'd like to use USB2.0 camera in a
small video system and I have to cut the cable and replace std connector
with my own one (due to dimension and some other stuff). Can I do it
without bothering? Should I pay special attention to my own connector?
What factor must be considered?
I have done all this with USB1.1 device but I'm not sure about 2.0.

Thnx in advance
WLAD

Re: USB cables and connectors (1.1 vs 2.0)

AFAICS, it's probably quite simple: USB 2.0 has essentially the same
specs, but it'll be a good deal pickier about you following them
precisely.  E.g. I'm quite sure a cable used by your typical USB 1.1
mouse wouldn't carry USB 2.0 successfully.

No --- you always have to bother.  The question is *how* much you have
to bother about this.  And the answer to that would be: more than you
would have dealing with USB 1.1.

400 MBit/s can be serious high-frequency stuff compared to the 11
MBit/s of USB1.1.

Certainly.