USB cables and connectors (1.1 vs 2.0)

Dear all,

can anyone tell me what is the main difference between cables and connectors used in USB 1.1 vs 2.0? I'd like to use USB2.0 camera in a small video system and I have to cut the cable and replace std connector with my own one (due to dimension and some other stuff). Can I do it without bothering? Should I pay special attention to my own connector? What factor must be considered? I have done all this with USB1.1 device but I'm not sure about 2.0.

Thnx in advance WLAD

Reply to
Wlad

AFAICS, it's probably quite simple: USB 2.0 has essentially the same specs, but it'll be a good deal pickier about you following them precisely. E.g. I'm quite sure a cable used by your typical USB 1.1 mouse wouldn't carry USB 2.0 successfully.

No --- you always have to bother. The question is *how* much you have to bother about this. And the answer to that would be: more than you would have dealing with USB 1.1.

400 MBit/s can be serious high-frequency stuff compared to the 11 MBit/s of USB1.1.

Certainly.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker