Sitronix ST7529: need help

Hi, I am trying to get an LCD display with a built-in Sitronix ST752 controller going and not having much luck. There are several capacitor that can be setup to generate the LCD voltage with a multiplier of 2 to 8 The hardware has been setup for a multiplier of 4. I'm completely unclea as to how you would determine what multiplier to use. The controller has reference voltage generator, a voltage follower, and a booster. I don' know which of these I need to enable (looks like all for interna operation with only a single 3.3v supply). There is also an interva digital pot for setting of the display contrast. I've not been able t get any voltage out of the power supply section. I do seem to be gettin a status readback from the display. Can anyone help clear this up for m a bit? The processor being used is a PIC18F4620 BTW.

Reply to
blair42

Hi,

Generally this setup are fixed for the display. When I start on a driver for a new display I usually ask the distributor. They often have some Init C-code for the particular display laying around...

/Race

blair42 wrote:

Reply to
RaceMouse

We use a single 3.3V supply, and have the hardware setup with a 5x step-up giving 16.5V VLCD The software setup we follow is as in the Sitronix datasheet (page

55) : void ST7529_Init( void ) {...} With this setting we get the correct voltage read-out, and can even see a little bit contrast on the LCD. But changing the display memory doesn't show any difference on the display.

Henk

Reply to
HenkDijkstra

Hello!

The best way I found to make a driver is to... get it from the maker. Usually, you get a bunch of assembler lines made for an unidentified processor and without a single line of comment, but that's enough to start. Actually, the hardest thing is to get something displaying. Ons you get something on the screen, that's a piece of cake. Change one parameter at a time and see what it does. Of course, you should try to understand by using the instruction tables what does any single line of assembler. I have used the ST7541 with a 4-level (2-bit) grayscale screen as shown here:

And the screen is here: (the second one, 128 x 112)

The Sitronix doc I have is very accurate, so I guess it's the same for all their products and you shouldn't have that much trouble to get a working driver quickly.

Pascal

Reply to
murayama

Hi, I bought a powertip PE240128-001 LCD panel built in the ST7529. I hav tried the ST7529_init but I still cannot see anything on the display. D you have any experience with this LCD? How is the hardware configuration

Richard

Reply to
weikeng