Serial Programming, SPI and ATmega

Dear all,

I am trying to send commands to a max6952 LED driver via SPI with my microcontroller (ATmega8) which has SPI, however I have never writtern programing for serial communication, and I don't know were to start. Would anyne be kind enough to guide me the write direction (documentation, website...). I can't find anything on google.

Can I use general pins on the microcontroller? Or should I use the SPI ports on the uC? How do I create the clk?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shahin

Reply to
samad

Ummm, have you tried looking at the datasheet for the ATMega8? There's even sample code there.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Do you know the website

? There are forums with thousands of questions and answers about AVR programming. Perhaps you will find a user project for your purpose in the database.

I didn't use the SPI hardware in my projects because it is also used for in circuit programming. In my telescope driver (mega128) I control some microstepping motor drivers serially and did it completely in software. Look at

for more details.

Martin

"samad" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:XIFMc.105042$Mr4.17350@pd7tw1no...

ports