Sending commands from a mobile phone

I want to send simple commands (turn left, right, start, stop, speed 123,
etc) from a mobile phone with Symbian OS to a mobile robot.
I have strong C++ experience both in Linux and MSWindows but I do not have
experience in SW development in Symbian OS.
Can someone suggest how can I start writing apps for mobile phone?
Which SW development tools?
Demo/example codes for Symbian apps?
Is there any mobile phone to/from robot comm apps examples on the web?

THX
Samuel

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

I don't think you're going to get an answer. Today was a bad day to
ask about remote actuation.

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone
Why's that?
Anyhow, for a uni assignment of mine I had to do bluetooth control of a
robot using a mobile phone. Did it with Java without using Symbian OS
specific stuff. I'll see if I can dig up the source for you.

Email me at skywings AT dbzmail DOT com. If you want my Java code for a
Nokia phone.
--

Wing Wong.

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

Possibly because of the bombs in London. However they would not have
been set by remote actuation. There are no mobile phone signals down
those tunnels and a LOT of interference anyway.

Anyway real terrorists don't tend to give out contact details and
publish source code :-)

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

Obviously, when they did, it would take away any suspicion.....

Meindert

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

No, because they will get looked at anyway.

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

I am told that the deviate that recently kidnapped the little girl
in the western US and killed her brother and parents had a page up
where it advertised its fantasies.  Pronoun choice deliberate.

Re: Sending commands from a mobile phone

Plenty, just go to the web.
<http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mobile+phone+controlled+robot

HTH,

   Vadim