Question about Auto off system

I would to like design an auto off function for my system But I'm not too sure where to get start.

When the program start, the program can count for ten mins, when ten mins is reached then set portd.1 to 0 then switch off the system by a relay.

So I need something to count for 10 ten mins then set portd.1 to 0.

Is it related to timer/ counter and interrupt?

Could you please let me know how to use those command/function to do the job.

Thank you very much

p.s. I am using Atmel AVR 8535 with BASCOM-AVR

Reply to
sommes

This is what you're supposed to know as a programmer !

Yes you use the internal timer(s). You likely also want to use interrupts as well ( counter overflow flag usually ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear