PWM to analogue conversion

Almost on-topic, because it's for an ambedded app.

Does anyone have a favorite method for conversion of a pulse and direction PWM signal to a bipolar analogue signal? I can do the obvious opamp approach, but I'm hoping that someone knows of a nice small IC that only needs a resistor and a capacitor, in a SOT-23 package, or even better 8 channels in a 30-pin SOIC??

Well, anything small will do :-)

Trevor Barton
Reply to
Trevor Barton

Hint: you can invert the gain of a an op-amp with half of a dual n-channel MOSFET.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Just an idea:

XOR (74HC266) the two signals (PWM and DIR) and use an RC-network for LP-filtering and offset adding.

/Pär

Reply to
Par