Problem in reading from SJA1000

I am working with a desing based on 80C196KC having SJA1000 as CAN
controller. This design also contains other peripherals like 8255.
Problem is that I am able to write to SJA1000 but unable to read from.
Other peripherals are working alright. When i checked the bus timings,
the data is placed in databus by SJA1000 only after the rising edge of
/READ signal, which shall not happen according to datasheet.The data
suppose to be available with in /READ low period.

Is there anybody who can helpme?

Thanks in advance

-SureshKumar

Re: Problem in reading from SJA1000

Did you check for collisions on your data bus? Maybe another
peripheral is inadvertantly selected at the same time, pulling
the data bus to its output stronger than the SJA1000.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Ma▀.