Passive RFID Technology ?

I want to keep track of delivered components automatically.  It looks
like RFID tags (Passive) should be a viable solution. Are there any
sort of standards available so that one do not have to use products
(Bot scanners and RFID Tags) from a single vendor. If possible I would
like to connect a reader module to a small embedded node that provides
the invormation via some sort of network to a central node, which then
can provide this information to a database running on a standard PC.

Any suggestions and pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Passive RFID Technology ?
Hello,

have a look at

http://www.easyident.de /

and especially the

http://www.easyident.de/easyident_leser.htm

I tried one of their readers with tags and thew send the recognized tag
number just over serial port.
You can also contact the email on top of http://www.easyident.de/Angebot.htm
for details ! Sorry for german page, but i think it is helpful.

I have no connection to this company, beside using a product of them.

Regards,

         Martin

Re: Passive RFID Technology ?

glsD:42ac37c8$0$83925$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.white.readfreenews.net...

try http://avea.cc DIY kits

Re: Passive RFID Technology ?
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:26:59 +0200, Anton Erasmus

You didn't indicate your range requirement.  There are two basic tag
types at least for this discussion.  One type operates using H field
(magnetics) while the other uses E field.  Passive H field tags
typically have read ranges up to one foot or so while some passive E
field tags have been read in excess 3 meters away using unlicensed
readers.  Licensed readers (higher power) are used to extend the read
distance.
All that aside, one place to get some info (and products) concerning
RFID tags is http://www.sirit.com

Regards
-Bill Knight
R O SoftWare &
http://www.theARMPatch.com

Re: Passive RFID Technology ?

Range wise it should be possible to read the tags close to 100%
reliable when an object is taken through a wide (4 door) doorway, so
it looks like the 3m range is a requirement.
I have found some info on TIs and Infineon's site, but so far haven't
been able to get a clear picture. (There is a hell of a lot of
buzzwords, and info targeted at a non-technical audiance).

Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look and hopefully come back
with somewhat more intelligent questions.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline