Newbie to Embedded Systems - where to start?

Hello Reader,

im a complete newbie to the embedded system's scene and would love to
know where to get started.

im more specifically looking at the ARM embedded systems.

TIA,
PrimeReflex

Re: Newbie to Embedded Systems - where to start?

It might be best to start with something simpler than the ARM, like the
Atmel AVR or the Microchip PIC. If you want to jump in at the deep end, I'd
start with the Philips LPC2000 ARM, it's quite easy to use. You'll find lots
of info here:

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: Newbie to Embedded Systems - where to start?

Here is something I wrote on the topic.

http://www.gv.net/~mkesti/designing.pdf

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
Re: Newbie to Embedded Systems - where to start?
I too recently jumped into the embedded world. I have been in the
desktop arena for many years now from DOS/Windows to various flavors of
Unix and Linux. I am using a Motorola ColdFire 5282 and can only say
that I love it. My company has used Motorola processors for years now on
embedded products so it was the hand I was dealt but its a nice one.

Mark