Makefile or not?

Except Microchip ;-(

Reply to
Dave Nadler

Yes - they have NetBeans (with plugins) for PIC, and I presume they still have Atmel's MSVS-based Visual Studio.

Reply to
David Brown

To ensure chaos, do Microsemi (now owned by Microchip) tools use Eclipse?

Dave Nadler

Right - after buying Atmel, there's Atmel studio, which should disappear the way of dinosaurs. It forces the whole Microsoft IDE environment, and it is a PITA for us non- Windows users.

Eclipse is actually pretty flexible, if it is used with standard GNU makefiles, written by the programmer and not the IDE.

--

-TV
Reply to

If you aren't afraid of Python, take a look at scons. I usually use scons to do the compilation and makefile to do everything else.

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0
Reply to