low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router

I am looking for a low cost SBC for building an Internet modem / router
with my own customized FreeBSD OS.

The requirement is very simple as:
     * Intel® Low Voltage Celeron®  Low Voltage Celeron® 400MHz
     * 256MB on board memory
     * 2 or 3x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
     * 1x RS232C
     * Compact Flash socket on board or DiskOnChip on board.

As I dont' need all other fancy stuff like USB, IDE HDD, Sound, VGA, etc
, therfore I think this kind of hardware should be very cheap compare to
Ordinary embedded SBC like Soekris and Kontron...

Can anyone please recommend few reliable SBC of this sort to me?

Thanks
Sam

Re: low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router

Problem being that most of that "fancy stuff" is in the chipset that
comes along with the Celeron, so you pay for it whether they fit the
connectors or not.

Re: low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router
That's fine if they come with it. I just want to know if there is any
other hardware that come without those "fancy stuff".

Thanks
Sam

Re: low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router

Plenty of stuff, including modems and routers, can be found here:
http://www.linuxdevices.com

HTH,

  Vadim

Re: low cost SBC for building Internet modem/router

Try www.soekris.com - they have low power boards that have the IO you're
looking for.  You won't get that Pentium M, though, but you really don't
need it.

Kelly

Site Timeline